On this page, I have collected some links to resources on Commodore (CBM) machines.
Manuals, Datasheets, disk images, and the like
- CBM archive at zimmers.net, formerly at funet.fi. There is also a CP/M section.
- Ray Carlsen's repair articles.
- C64 Preservation Project.
- DOS1 commented disassembly.
- The Fridge of Steven Judd
- 8 Bit database software contains information about VIC-20.
- Project 64'er
- Emu-Ecke (German)
- CBM-Hardware (German)
- Constructing 64
- Commodore 8-Bit Server (Marko Mäkelä)
- Fairlight C64 and Console section
- Frank Kontros has more interesting links and infos.
- White Flame (a.k.a. David Holtz)
- Ruud Baltissen's site
- Scanned books by me.
- Project 64.
- C64 Programmer's Reference Guide (PRG).
- CBM-Manuals (in English and in German)
- 1540/1541 Floppy Drive Technical Service Manual or here (with more schematics) and here.
- Document archive not only about Commodore and/or MOS.
- Commodore Hacking is an electronic publication with much information for CBM machines. There are other sites, for example, here.
- Tim Schürmann's C64 archive contains some interesting articles.
Emulators and Transfer Software
- VICE is a versatile emulator for most machines of CBM's 8 bit line. The VICE Knowledge Base which I maintain contains some help for running VICE.
- YAPE emulates 264 based machines (Plus/4, C16, C116).
- Personal C64 is an older emulator which is not actively developped anymore.
- C64S is an older emulator which is not actively developped anymore.
- Emulator FAQ
- Star Commander is a DOS-based program for transferring CBM disk to the PC.
- cbm4win is "my" project for accessing CBM drives from Windows. It is a port of cbm4linux to Windows.
- cbm4linux for accessing CBM drives from Linux
- 1581copy lets you access your 1581 3,5" drive in a PC disk drive.
- Markus Brenner has written some tools for manipulating CBM tapes.
- 64HDD makes a PC act like a CBM hard disk.
- 1541emu is a similiar, but less powerfull tool.
- VC1541 is an even older, similar project.
- Commodore Service Manuals and other stuff.
Mailing lists, newsgroups
- A list can be found here.
- VIC-20 projects and a mirror.
- Connect a 1.44 MB disk drive to a C64.
- C64 tower project
- 1541 Serial Interface Project
- FPGA-64 - a realtime C64 emulator in a single FPGA.
- VIC 20 on an FPGA
- cc65 is a C compiler for 6502 based machines.
- Pascal mit dem C64/Pascal mit dem C128 (in German) by Prof. Florian Matthes.
- GoDot immage processing System by Arndt Dettke
- Covert Bit Ops is a small group making C64 productions (mainly games & music) and related free utilities on recreation basis (also here).
- 8-bit-nirvana contains some information (not only) on CBM machines.
- Commodore Knowledge Base run by Cameron Kaiser.
- Secret Weapons of Commodore contains much information, but also rumours on published and non-published Commodore hardware.
- Some information of an ex Commodore-employee in Germany
- Commodore Billboard