Intel and AMD - x86 and x64 world
On this page, I have collected some links to resources on assembler and processors in the so-called Intel (x86)-World.
Manuals, Datasheets, and more info
- Intel IA-32 Intel(R) Architecture Software Developer's Manual - This link points to the Instruction Set Reference, but links to the other book are included on the target.
- Intel Intanium Architecture - not really x86, but anyway...
- Sandpile - Info on the different x86 variants.
- x64.org - Dr. Dobbs Microprocessor Resources with Intel Secrets, Errate and Processor Manuals.
- emu8086.com contains many info and samples for 8086 processors.
- The Art of Assembly Language is a book by Randall Hyde which explains the Intel x86 architecture (with free downloads).
- Intel 386 Manual (PDF)
- IDA/Free Version 4.1 is a very good interactive disassembler. This is a reduced and older version of the full IDA/Pro package
- diStorm, a disassembler library.
- Compare the different AMD processors to find out about their ability.
- Windows Programming in Assembly Language
- Write your own Operating System and here.